Welcome to HA.
Homeschoolers Anonymous (HA) is a project of Homeschool Alumni Reaching Out (HARO).
HA is a narrative-sharing platform run by former homeschoolers. HA contributors are an inclusive community interested in sharing our educational experiences. While the conservative, Christian homeschooling subculture is the primary focus of our contributors, HA is a clearinghouse for all stories about homeschooling from any people who have experienced it — the good, the bad, and the ugly.
As a part of HARO, HA’s mission is to improve homeschooling for future generations through awareness and education, peer-support networks, and resource development. HA specifically implements the awareness and education aspect of HARO’s mission. The HARO board believes that knowledge is power. To that end we publish personal stories and testimonies about homeschooling experiences, historical and sociological studies of the modern homeschooling movement, and analyses of the ideologies and leaders that have shaped homeschooling in the U.S.
What would you like to do?
- Read stories and thoughts from current and former homeschooler students and parents.
- Find out more about HA’s mission.
- Figure out why we’re called “Homeschoolers Anonymous”.
- Understand why sharing individual, personal stories can actually make a difference in our communities and peoples’ lives.
- Learn more about Homeschool Alumni Reaching Out.
- Check out the original series: A Week of Joy (Homeschooling Positives Week), Alternative Narratives on Germany and Homeschooling, Homeschoolers Are Out (LGBT Awareness Week), Inside ATI: A Homeschooling Cult, Let’s Talk About Sex (Ed) Week, Piece Of Mind (Mental Health Awareness Week), Resolved: (Homeschool Speech and Debate Week), Self-Injury Awareness Week, and To Break Down A Child (Pearl-Style Discipline Week).
- Submit your own story.
- See a timeline on the history of homeschooling.
- Learn more about HSLDA.
Our ten most popular posts of all time:
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!
Feel free to send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.